Comprehensive and personalized rehabilitation solutions to overcome and prevent injuries and pain. Schedule an appointment to kickstart your recovery today with our Physical Therapy.
Welcome to MNRS
We’ll get you moving again
treating the root cause of your pain
Physical therapy is the most effective means of evaluating and treating the root cause of your acute and chronic pain. That’s because physical therapy addresses the underlying structural problems responsible for your pain rather than simply masking the symptoms. Licensed physical therapists diagnose the root cause of your pain and restore physical functionality and pain-free range of motion.
Our physical therapists are expertly trained in the most effective modalities, such as strengthening exercises, stretching programs, spinal stabilization, massage therapy, postural exercises, laser therapy, and much more. Depending on the source of your problem, they use the appropriate combination of exercises and treatments to restore you to the highest functional level possible.
Neurology is a medical specialty focused on the structure, functions, and abnormalities of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. If you experience frequent headaches, dizziness, imbalance problems, numbness and tingling, memory distortion, and difficulty while walking, you may have an underlying neurological condition. Our neurologists specialize in timely intervention to control the progression of neurological conditions.
At MNRS, our certified neurologists examine all aspects of your nervous system using advanced diagnostic techniques, such as EMGs, NCVs, and neurodiagnostic procedures. After tracing the root cause of your neurological symptoms, they curate comprehensive treatment plans in collaboration with physical therapists. Each rehabilitation plan is individually formulated just for you at our center for Physical Therapy.
We're Ready to See you
MNRS has highly accessible, diagnostic and treatment facilities for physical therapy. If you’re experiencing the symptoms of acute or chronic pain and injuries, such as headaches, migraines, nerve pains, numbness, tingling sensations, dizziness, etc., we’d love to trace the root cause of your concerns. Please schedule an appointment at your nearest MNRS facility to kickstart your recovery today.
“This is by far the best PT office in Miami. From the moment I called to make an appointment I knew that this was “the” place. Nancy made making the appointment such a breeze. Her friendly and helpful demeanor is a definite plus.”
“I have nothing but good things to say about this place, I look forward to my visits. Nancy is always making sure I have my appointments, days and time. All of the staff is very friendly. What I appreciate is that they always care about how I am doing, what am I struggling with physically and help me.”
“There are few words that can articulate the high level of care and professionalism that Carolyn Martin of MNRS Physical Therapy in South Miami gives her patients. She has given me hope and has treated me with the highest level of care, consideration and has supported me in the treatment of my injury.”
“From the minute you walk in the door you are greeted with great positive vibes from Nancy, she’s the best, always goes out of her way for anything. MNRS has taken care of me since day 1. After my injury, I met with Carolyn, she is extremely knowledgeable/professional and caring.”
“From day one of my PT the staff has been absolutely amazing: Professionalism, knowledge, and most importantly kindness exhibited at all times! Thank you to the entire team (Nancy, Carolyn, Jessica, and Gracie) for making my physical therapy treatments enjoyable!”
“The staff is incredibly professional and knowledgeable. Since I’ve seen them for therapy I have learned so much about my body because they educate you and teach you. Most important they’re always available.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you know when you should see a physical therapist?
- What type of patients go to physical therapy?
- Is physical therapy covered by insurance?
- How much does physical therapy cost?
- What are the 5 types of physical therapy?
How do you know when you should see a physical therapist?
You may need to consult our physical therapist if you experience the following symptoms:
- You have a physical injury due to sports or exercise or have met with an accident.
- You have a consistent, dull, throbbing pain in a specific part of the body.
- The pain is recurring and severe.
- Your pain is chronic, i.e., it lasts for weeks or months, with no signs of reducing.
- You notice a diminished sporting performance.
- You are unable to perform an activity you used to do before.
- The pain is reducing your quality of life.
What type of patients go to physical therapy?
There is no specific age or time of life when you may have to visit a physical therapist. People can experience an injury at any stage of their lives. If you are experiencing any pain or difficulty in movement, please feel free to visit our physical therapists at Miami Physical Therapy. We have immense experience treating everyone from newborns to those in their golden years and we can assist you too.
We also have experience working with patients who may wish to preemptively seek physical therapy, postural exercises, stabilization exercises and more, to lead a healthy and problem-free life. By actively working with our physical therapist in South Miami and Kendall, FL, you will be able to find ways to prevent injuries and strengthen your muscles, ligaments and bones.
Is physical therapy covered by insurance?
Yes, it is. The majority of insurance service providers, such as Medicare, workers’ compensation, and private insurers, all offer coverage for physical therapy. But the actual terms of coverage may differ. You will need to consult your insurance provider to understand what type of therapies are covered under your policy. You can also reach out to us at Miami Physical Therapy with any questions you have about your insurance. We accept policies from multiple providers and can advise you on managing payments for your sessions.
How much does physical therapy cost?
The prices charged per session of physical therapy depend on your insurance coverage. Typically, in Miami, patients whose insurance doesn’t cover physical therapy may expect to pay around $125 per session. However, with insurance coverage, you may need to pay as little as $30 per session to seek treatment at top-notch physical therapy centers. Usually, this price includes start-to-finish charges from pre-session assessment and therapy to post-session support. If you need to use any special tools or equipment for mobility or stability during the session, rental charges for the equipment are covered under insurance too.
If you require physical therapy in South Miami and Kendall, FL and would like help in planning your treatment costs, please feel free to consult our team. We can help you leverage your insurance coverage and seek treatment from our team of highly-qualified therapists.
What are the 5 types of physical therapy?
At Miami Physical Therapy, we provide 5 distinct types of physical therapy treatments, which include:
- Orthopedic physical therapy – Here, our therapists identify the underlying musculoskeletal issue and provide a variety of exercise and physical therapy to help restore the mobility, stability, and strength in your joints, tendons, ligaments, and bones.
- Geriatric physical therapy – Our experts work with patients in their golden years to help them strengthen their weakened musculoskeletal system, to perform day-to-day activities such as standing, walking, climbing, bathing, etc. We also focus on helping them improve their musculoskeletal coordination and reaction time.
- Neurological physical therapy – Some injuries cause neurological damage, which may result in pain or other musculoskeletal problems. Through neurological physical therapy, our experts will evaluate the neurological damage and provide personalized physical therapy that helps restore your musculoskeletal function in a safe manner.
- Cardiopulmonary physical therapy – Patients who experience heart and lung conditions can benefit greatly from Cardiopulmonary physical therapy. Here, our specialists will use a combination of postural exercises and other physical therapies to reduce the occurrence of Cardiopulmonary conditions such as heart attack, COPD and more.
- Pediatric physical therapy – Our Pediatric physical therapy experts at Miami Physical Therapy work with children who suffer from mobility, postural or other musculoskeletal challenges that may be either congenital or a result of injury. We use a combination of therapies to help strengthen their muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, and bones while helping restore their physical functions and quality of life.
Contact us for more information about physical therapy in South Miami and Kendall, FL.